Ingredients 4 ports
- About 2 liters of diluted nettles
- About 1 liter of water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 finely chopped shallot
- 1.5 tbsp KRAV-marked wheat flour
- 2 chicken stock cubes or vegetable stock cubes for vegetarian
- 1.5 dl cream
- 3 tbsp dry sherry (can be omitted)
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 dl chopped smoked salmon
- 4 tablespoons of crème fraiche
Färna’s nettle pesto
- 50 g Nettles
- 100 g parsley
- 300 g sunflower seeds, preferably roasted for a nuttier taste
- 100 g grated Västerbotten cheese
This loved and hated weed is now in the best time to harvest, as it is the small tender and fine leaves that are best suited for cooking.
Wenche’s lovely nettle soup – A pure and simple spring boost!
- Rinse the nettles thoroughly, remove any roots and coarse stems.
- Boil half of the water and lightly salt. Add the nettles, cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain off the cooking water and save it. Finely chop the nettles.
- Saute the shallots and butter until the onions are golden in a saucepan, sift in the flour and dilute wi th the nettle spatula.
- Crumble the bouillon cubes and dilute with the rest of the water. Let it boil for a couple of minutes.
- Then add the nettles and the cream, simmer for about 5 minutes. Taste the soup with salt and possibly some sherry.
- Serve the steam ing hot soup on a plate, top it with a large spoonful of crème fraiche and the smoked salmon. Sprinkle some chives over it if you have it and serve it with freshly baked bread and butter.
Questions about the recipe?
Contact the head chef and head sommelier